Monday, October 08, 2012

08.10.2012:


Verbs and Prepositions
Some verbs need a preposition before an object or another verb. The preposition is only grammatical, it doesn't change the meaning of the verb.
Here are some of the most common ones:
·                     arrive at / in somewhere
We arrived at the airport.
We arrived in Chennai.
·                     belong to somebody
This book belongs to me.
·                     borrow something from somebody
I borrow a book from my friend.
·                     concentrate on something / doing something
I concentrated on studying at the weekend.
·                     depend on something / somebody
It depends on the weather.
·                     explain something to somebody
The teacher explained the exercise to the students.
·                     listen to something / somebody
I listen to music.
·                     pay somebody for something
I pay the waiter for the coffee.
·                     wait for somebody / something
Wait for me!
·                     worry about somebody / something 
           Don’t worry about a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book 08: A Thousand Pieces of You By Claudia Gray

A very interesting book about traveling across universes to catch the person who was suspected as a killer of Meg’s father. Every chapter en...