Saturday, November 11, 2017

Do apps help you or just waste your time?

I would like to start with a quote, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" which aptly explains, it depends on the individual who uses the app. Anything in the world which is created is for a purpose with both advantages and disadvantages. Similarly, an app helps us as well as wastes our time too.

As an international student, I am very new to be in this country for the very first time. I used to go to various places on my own using google maps app, which gives me confidence that I can survive anywhere in any new place where I visit. At this point, I think, apps are very helpful and useful.

At the same time, whenever I visit a new place, I take a lot of pictures. The time which I spend to edit a photo is more than the time I spend to take hundred's of photos, but still, at the end, I will not be satisfied with the edited pic using the app and finally, I will delete the picture.This incident makes me think that app is just waste of our time.

Whether an app is helpful or just waste of time, beyond this I think an app makes us become lazy and makes us not remember even small things. For example, when I want to return the book to the library, I am using a remainder app from mobile instead of remembering it or checking the mail or looking into the first page of the book. In this scenario, I neither feel an app as helpful nor feel it as a waste of time, but I feel it as a technology which drags down the human brain.

There is a say, 'Experience is the best teacher'. Also, "An expert in anything was once a beginner". In order to expertise in anything, we should first initiate to do it. Once we start to use apps we will come to know which apps are useful and which are time-consuming for nothing. After experiencing that, we can make use of apps that are helpful and not of those which just wastes our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book 08: A Thousand Pieces of You By Claudia Gray

A very interesting book about traveling across universes to catch the person who was suspected as a killer of Meg’s father. Every chapter en...